As part of our online programme, Goodman Gallery has created the reading room: a series of lists with links to digital and physical texts. Some of these lists are associated with viewing room exhibitions, adding insight into the research and curatorial frameworks of the shows. Other reading lists exist on their own and are not associated with any single viewing room but rather function as a learning resource and reflective space.
5 Questions is an initiative which, through a series of questions, gives insights into what texts artists, creatives and thought leaders are reading, what texts inspire them and what texts give solace during this time. Different people will answer the same set of five questions and their answers will be published on Goodman Gallery’s reading room. The questions we will ask are:
1. What are you reading right now?
2. Is there a text from which you have drawn inspiration throughout your practice?
3. Do you have a favorite author and book? If so, what is it and why?
4. Is there another medium of expression from which you draw inspiration?
5. Is there a text that gives you solace in this time of uncertainty?